03 July, 2012

Monday, December 1, 2008

Notoriety, intentional and otherwise


If you Google "giant women" and go to the image search, guess what blog is at the top of the list?

Good guess.

I don't know how a good an idea it is to be the public face on the Internets of this odd fetish shared by a surprising number of people, but it's a little late to think of that now, isn't it? Once the Google makes your blog the "go to" place, it probably won't help to join a monastery and renounce your formerly sinful and frivolous life.

And anyway, a monastery that won't let me blog isn't being serious about keeping me around.

(This is another photograph by Julia Fullerton-Batten, taken at a theme park of miniature street scenes in Belgium.)


Then there is the Google love that I made nearly no effort to get, but that I've got whether I want it or not.

This blog gives you the most popular image if you Google "analog clock". Until today, I have mentioned "analog clock" one time in twenty months of blogging, way back when I wrote Volume 5 of Wednesday Math, many moons ago.

Still not a week goes by when someone doesn't show up here looking for "analog clock" and many visitors out-click on the picture, presumably to save a copy.

It's a nice enough clock face, I suppose, but I don't see the particular attraction.

I guess it takes all kinds of weirdos to make a world.

No comments:

Post a Comment